Thursday, September 23, 2010

CD Review: Owl City- Ocean Eyes



The first Owl City song I heard, like many other people, was Fireflies. I had never heard of the band until I saw how popular this song was on iTunes. I fell in love with the whimsical lyrics and catchy music. I soon after bought Vanilla Twilight and Hot Air Balloon. Discovering that the addictiveness of his music was not limited to only a few songs, I quickly became a fan and bought all the music available. I dove in to some of his other projects as well, which are fantastic.

Every song on this CD is lovely, cute, and dreamy. Even in the songs with a sad undertone, Adam keeps his optimistic attitude and cheerful lyrics. In fact, whenever I'm down, almost nothing makes me feel happier than listening to Adam's cheery voice singing about oceans and stars and flying.

This album is clear and refreshing and makes you feel like you're drinking in sunshine. I recommend this to anyone and everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment