Thursday, September 23, 2010

CD Review: Phil Wickham- Heaven and Earth



this CD is amazing. Just plain amazing. Most of the music actually makes me cry, not that it takes much to do so but... :P

Musically, Phil has taken it to the next level. His vocals soar, giving each of his songs the feel of a heavenly anthem. This album greatly reminds me of Leeland's "Love is on the Move" b/c you can feel that the music came from Heaven. It just overflows of God and His beauty and majesty. "In His City" makes me cry from it's beauty. The strings in "The Time is Now" bring joy to my heart. All the vocals and tunes are perfect on this CD. Incredibly catchy and beautiful. Heaven inspired.

The first, third, and last track sum up the message of the whole album. A longing for Christ and to be with Him. To have what we had in "Eden". To sing our "Heaven Song". To choose between "Heaven and Earth". We Christians should be desiring God and want to go to Heaven. We should want to be "In His City". We shouldn't be clinging to the false treasures of this world! We should be anticipating His "(Your) Arrival". We shouldn't be afraid of judgement and the rapture and the end of the world. We have God! Who cares what happens when He comes! It's JESUS COMING! To be with him should be the greatest desire in our hearts.

I know how it feels to be scared of the end of the world. I've always hated reading the book of Revelation and I always felt dread at the coming of God. I hated the idea of judgement and having to go through the horrors at the end of days. But that was b/c I didn't have a real relationship with Him. When someone really loves God, they can't live without Him. They have that constant urge to spend time with Him and read His word. I didn't have that. I can now honestly say I do. Phil Wickham's music has brought me closer to God and changed my view of Him. All I long for now is to see the sky break open and hear the trumpet sound. To be present for the coming of my Lord! I am "Coming Alive". "The Time is Now" to change your view of Christ's coming. To change your relationship with Him. To get closer to Him. To stop your hidden sins. To give yourself completely to him. Do it now before it's too late.

wow that turned out more like a sermon than a CD review :P.

No comments:

Post a Comment