Thursday, September 23, 2010

Concert Review: The Rocket Summer

*Disclaimer* None of these pictures or videos are from the concert I went to. I take credit for none of them- they are not my work.




Ok so here's what the concert was like! Btw, it was awesome, if you can't tell by reading the below :p

Setlist:
Hills and Valleys
Do You Feel
Save
You Gotta Believe
Blackbird (cover)
Break It Out
Brat Pack
I Want Something to Live For (acoustic)
Roses
I Need a Break, But I’d Rather Have a Breakthrough
Walls
I’m Doing Everything (For You)*
You Tell Me to Live
Never Knew
Around the Clock
Saturday
So Much Love*
Guitar solo
Smells Like Teen Spirit (cover)
Sweet Home Alabama (cover)
Light

There was only one opening band. I think it was Hot Chelle Rae. They were good performers but their voices were off-key with their music. And I couldn’t understand a thing they said besides “this song is about girls” : . Thankfully they only played five songs :p.



So while they were setting up for Bryce I went to the merch table and bought the You Gotta Believe tshirt and a poster. It was very hard not to buy the Do You Feel CD but I want to buy the deluxe version, which they didn't have, and I don't want to have two copies of the CD . I talked to Tara for a little bit when I was deciding what to get. She was really sweet and comfortable to talk to :).

Then TRS came on. They had these awesome lamps they lit up right before Bryce went on the stage. A yellow one lit first and it said “Of” and then a blue one that said “Men” then a yellow one “and” and another blue one “Angels”.



I actually liked this concert better than the Relient K concert I went to. Bryce was very involved with the audience. In almost every song he let the crowd sing part of it. When he sang I Want Something to Live For in acoustic, he came out in the middle of the audience and just stood on a step-stool and sang it alone with his acoustic guitar. After that he passed his guitar to a staff member, threw his mic on stage, and then proceeded to crowd surf all the way back to the stage! It was awesome! While he was doing that the band was playing the intro to Roses over and over, it sounded really cool .




I was up on the balcony but Bryce turned and sang to the people in the balcony several times, unlike RK who never ever looked up at the balcony at the concert I went to. While he was singing a song once he turned towards the balcony and looked at me so I grinned and went “whoo!” and then he grinned back! I was so happy- I know, I’m a stupid fangirl :p.



He played Break it Out as a loop song, which was really cool. Here's a vid of him doing it at another concert...




For his encore, most of it was him messing around, playing intros to songs, and trying to figure out which songs the audience wanted him to play .

Bryce's vocals were really good- almost better than on the CD. Actually I bought some of the songs I didn't know afterwards and I'm like "wow I like the live version better." :p But Bryce was really energetic and fun. He was all over the stage and just rockin it out. It was awesome!

Overall it was an amazing concert. He was really cool and down to earth and he made eye contact with like everyone in the audience, but then there were only like 100 people . But it was really cool, and I would definitely go to another one of his concerts.

wow that was rather long...

*confetti exploded :P

No comments:

Post a Comment